December 18, 2008

The kindness of neighbors never ceases to amaze me

So I was outside shoveling the driveway (pointless I know) and a lady comes down the street in a tiny car. She got stuck just before the stop sign. Well Mr. Larson got out there to try and help her immediately. I knew I couldn't do much so I ran in and got Josh. He threw all his warm stuff on and went to help. So the two of them worked at trying to get her unstuck a while. Then a truck pulled up and asked if he could help. So he hopped out and hooked her up to pul her while they pushed. It took forever but they finally got her over to the side of the road on the other street and she parked. It is so awesome that neighbors just hop right to it and pitch in to help people. No one had to, but they did it anyways. Mr. Larson is a wonderful neighbor who has also put Grandma's garbage out for a long time. It took me forever to figure out why it was always out before I went to put it out. He also came over and raked leaves when we first moved in.

UGG THIS STUPID SNOW THOUGH!!!

1 comment:

Shana said...

That is great you guys and your neighbor were so helpful.

I have seen a lot of people off the road and others stopped to help them. Last night when I got gas there were two trucks trying to pull another big truck out of the road, He had jackknifed and his trailer was across a lane on College Ave.

Be safe out there everyone.