December 7, 2008

Feeling pretty darn good!

So we came home from having a nice evening with the neighbors and honestly I was dreading it. Grandma pretty much kept to herself yesterday and went to bed early and then dad took her out today so I hadn't seen her much at all. I was just sure she was going to be her usual unpleasant self. Well she was nice! She complimented me on how clean the house was, thanked me for washing her bedding and her clothes, and then procceded to tell me she realizes she does need some help! I was speechless! She even admitted that she got pneumonia from asperating and understand why she needs thickened liquids. WooHoo! Talk about making my day. Now I just need to get my dad to realize things. The lovely forgetful daddy he is didn't leave me her new meds list yesterday or today. So I called to ask him about it because I need to fill her pill box. He tells me he forgot it in the old pickup which is out at the shop. So Josh has to run out tomorrow and get it so I can adjust meds and add her new ones. URG! Doesn't he realize that's important. And he forgot her thickner when they went out for lunch and then made excuses about it. He frustrates me so much! How am I supposed to take care of Grandma when he won't give me what I need? O well I'm in such a good mood from Grandma it's ok. A huge weight was just lifted. She accepts it and life is good. Now to just get her to her birthday the 15th and things will be great.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Hey thanks for following my blog :) It took me a minute to figure out who you were. Looks like I have some catch-up reading to do! :)