December 7, 2008

Just some past blogs from elsewhere to give some background

Ok so I'm stressed to the max, and I mean the absolute max. Let me start from the beginning. Grandma came home October 30th and has been a struggle. She's been on her own since she was 10, besides being married to my grandpa, and she is used to doing everything on her own. Except she can't! She finally convinced the therapistto let her do her own laundry, but not take it out of the dryer, and put the dishes in the dishwasher, but not run it. Well the therapist also told her she has to get dressed everyday. By the time she is done getting dressed she is too tired to do anything else, but wants to complain that she wants to do things. UGG! The one time I let her run the dishwasher right after she came home she dumped the rest of the powdered soap in and then added some dawn because she thought there wasn't enough. I found her in suds sitting on her walker with a mop and bucket trying to clean it up. 4 rinses later and those dishes were cleaner than clean. She likes to complain about every little thing. Like that the dishes weren't done asap, but were done by the time I went to bed. Ug!! Then she got a cold so after a week I got her put on antibiotics. Well last Monday we found out her last sibling, my Great Uncle U.S., had died the night before. So she was a mess. They talked almost everyday and she depended on him. Her therapist came and realized she was short of breath and I told her about the chest tightness she had been having. So one quick call to her doctor and we were on our way to Urgent Care. From there they used the ambulance to move her to ER. After chest xrays it was determined she had pnuemonia. Last week was rough. She is very weak and ticked that she is in the hospital. She missed Thanksgiving and then had to miss her brother's funeral on Friday. My dad was afraid missing it would kill her. She keeps telling me she is dieing and doubts she will make it to her birthday the 15th. I hope she does! I can't lose her! So update from the doctor today is that the fluid is still there and she may be in the hospital for at least another week. I just want her home. Please keep her in yours prayers.If all that isn't enough wine harvest ended so Josh is back to looking for work. At least harvest provided us with enough to get by for awhile. He is getting back on with Express for now. I need him through the holidays. Also I have finals coming up and final projects due. My goal is to just pass my classes. Between the move and everything I fell behind and I'm stressing over it. Tansen is finally sleeping here!! WooHoo!! He has wanted to go home like crazy. He was going to have to move at some point. The blue street house is up for sale. Someone has to take care of grandma so the best place is here. At least we have some awesome neighbors that have made things better.
If you followed all that I applaud you. Pretty much just keep my whole family in your prayers, thoughts, or whatever you do for the next month or so.

Ok so I've probably confused everyone by saying we started moving, so let m start from the beginning.
Monday night my grandma had a stroke. She didn't bother to tell anyone til Tuesday Morning. My dad took her into the ER and got it confirmed. So she is there still. They have moved her to the rehab floor. I finally told my dad I wasn't going to stand back and watch her continue to live on her own. She falls alot and won't use her Life Alert button. It's been having to happen for a long time but no one has wanted to do it. So I got up the guts and went and saw Grandma Wednesday morning and told her "It's either go to an Assisted Living or my family is moving it to help you." She asked to think about it and by the time I came back Thursday she had already told her Dr. we were moving in. He's my doctor too so he knows me and thinks it's a great idea.
So we are moving into Grandma's basement. We'll have 2 rooms (1 of which is the old huge utility room) and a living room. Grandma is being made to watch tv on the main floor instead of in the basement everynight. It wasn't safe for her. My dad is finishing the fenced back yard for Mia and Pheobee. Grandma can't come home unless we are there so things are moving really fast!! It all works out though because my dad has listed the house we are in so he can sell it. So we were already looking for a place anyways. This will kill 2 birds with one stone. We won't have rent, but will pay all Grandma's bills. Her house is free and clear so that helps.
Now do you want to know something funny? I've been telling Josh about this dad in my classes so today I walked outside and there he was next door so I said Hi! Well Josh had known my grandma's neighbor from working with him at CliffStar. So we have neighbors we know!!! They have a 2 year old little boy born March 30th! So Tansen has a buddy to play with. They also have 2 girls. They are both so nice! It is going to be fun to have a couple we get along with right next door. Hmm maybe I'll see if he wants to car pool to class.
Anyways that pretty much whats going on! Soon playdates will be held on Celestia Drive! And we are going to be having more because we will have a huge backyard to play in! I can't wait!

No comments: