December 7, 2008

What's up as of today

Ok so Grandma came home today. Which is great! I was worried she wouldn't be coming home. We went out to lunch with my dad, grandma, bro, nieces, and angela. That's where the battle of wills started. Grandma has to be on thickened liquids with her meals. They are almost positive that is what caused her pneumonia. I always gave her thickened, but my father didn't worry about it when he took her out. URG! So I grabbed the can of thickener when we went to meet them. Talk about a fight. Grandma tried telling dad and I that she can have her water without thickener, which I know isn't true. Then dad told her to down a bunch before she started eating. Urg! That's cheating!! So then I tell him to put it in her water and he says O I'll just put a little bit in. I said no you'll put in what it says. So he puts one little scoop in. I asked my brother how much water was in her glass and he said 4-6 ozs. So I told dad she needed at least one more scoop. Well he hemmed and hahed and threw a fit about it. All while I'm sitting there telling him I don't want her back in the hospital with pneumonia! Gosh I swear I'm not going to let him take her out! The point of us moving was to take care of her so she didn't have to go to a home, which now wouldn't be an assisted living it would be a nursing home. He won't let me though and he won't listen. He keeps telling me not to get after her about using her walker and to just let her fall. UGG! I'm not going to do that. She is such a fall risk it isn't funny! She fell while in the hospital because she thought the shower curtain behind her was a wall and leaned up against it to pull her pants up. But yet she keeps telling dad she doesn't need help she can do it on her own. She can't! Getting dressed wears her out. Before we moved in all she was eating was Oatmeal in the morning and then a cup of noodles at night. For someone with heart problems and diabetis that isn't good!! Can you tell I'm a little stressed and frustrated. So school is almost out for winter break. I've just got a book of lesson plans to do and then my final project in my campus course. I've come to terms with the fact that next quarter I'll be on probation wih my financial aid. With everything I have under taken I fell behind and big time. My teachers were great and worked with me on what I could do, but 2 of them I'm either going to fail or just pass. I give myself credit though because my campus class I'll have an A in thanks to our wonderful neighbors. The guy is in my class and helps me stay on top of things. Too bad we don't have any together next quarter. I'm taking 2 ECE classes, Math 50, and Psych 101. He is moving on to get a teaching degree. I think I may be moving into Children's counseling after this next quarter. I think I want to work with Social Services, plus Josh and I are looking into doing foster care down the road.Josh still hasn't got a job, but this has worked out. We have money from harvest to get by for now. I have much appreciated his help while I've been deailng with finals and grandma. It has made it a little less stressful. Plus he is using the time off to get the other house emptied out so my dad can rent it while it sits for sale. All in all even when things look grim it works out for the best.Little update on the boys. Tansen is such a talker and so tall. We get asked constantly if he is 4 and when we tell them he isn't they don't believe us. He has had a rough time with the move, but is slowly learning to sleep. Plus I learned how to channel his frustration and out bursts into coloring. It calms him instantly. He has been our little worrier though. He worrys about grandma and has to know she went to bed. He has to check on her periodically. And when she was in the hospital it really threw him for a loop. He reminds her to get her walker. lol Wycie is sitting! WooHoo! He is 6 months and so alert. I can't wait til his checkup this week to see how big he is. He has some thunder thighs. lol He is a major mama's boy. Leaving him with either my mom or Josh while I go to class has been torture. He will scream non stop til he finally wears himself out. He is sleeping in his crib now though. As much as I really want to still cosleep he doesn't. His crib is in our room and he can see me and I can easily nurse, but now we both get better sleep. The only times he wakes is when he is hungry or wet. The kid can't stand to be wet. He isn't crawling yet, but he has mastered the rolling. If he wants it he will roll to it. Granted half the time brother will just bring it to him. Tansen is such a great big brother. He loves Wycie and likes to play with him and talk with him. He'll get his stool and go stand next to the crib when Wycie gets up from nap and just talk to him. Wycie just smiles and laughs back. I hope they will be best of friends.Ok wow this got really really long! Sorry! I just have so much to say lately. Our life has been so hectic and crazy!!! At least we made some great friends who help keep us sane and our there whenever we need them. We've only know them since middle of October, but I know they would drop everything and come running if I needed. And visa versa. They are just awesome! And they have kids 2,4, and 7 so it works out great. The best thing is they live right next door. We've already done dinner twice, played countless times, and Jesse and I carpool to school. Plus he and I keep each other awake in class. lol Having friends is so nice. And having friends together is even better. Josh and I usually just have our own friends and go out separately, but now we can do things as couples and families.
Ok I'm done! I swear! Well for now maybe! lol

3 comments:

Shana said...

Did you have another baby??

B Mama said...

Yup! lol Wysen Floyd Branscum was born June 6th, 08. 6lbs 11ozs just like his brother. Once I figure out how to put pics up on here I will. I mostly put them on myspace.

Shana said...

I have been off myspace for a long time. Congrats on the new baby!