January 21, 2009

Playdates and Adult Conversation

Alicia, Kaelie, and Anthony came to play today! We haven't had a playdate in so long. Between babies, school, grandma, and moving there just has been no time. I've missed it so much. Tansen was so excited all day to get to see Kaelie. They have been buds pretty much since in the womb at our birthing classes. Granted no one really talked in class until we had a massive playdate after all the kiddos were born. But I got to know Alicia sooner through her mom. We always ran into her at Walmart! We actually ran into her the day after Kaelie was born. I could always count on her being there when we went shopping. A random coincedence, but I loved it! She was a wonderful woman, and I know alot of people miss her. Anyways back to the playdate. So they came around 2ish and I woke Tansen up. He'd been told he had to have a nap if he wanted Kaelie to come, so he did! Wycie had just woken up too so they were in pretty good moods. It went about as well as 2 two year olds with attitudes can manage. lol Wycie got to see Anthony. The last time the saw each other they really could care less. This time they at least looked at each other and did some smiling. Before we know it playdates are going to be filled with noise coming from all 4 romping around the house. They grow up too fast. Anthony ended up crashing in Alicia's lap and then Kaelie was starting to fade so they headed out. Hopefully we'll see each other more now that things have calmed. We are already planned for next week at the same time! WooHoo! Momma's need adult time and playdates are a easy way to get that. You never know how much you actually enjoy playdates til you miss them. Wycie crashed after they left and Tansen ended up laying on the couch and watching Toon Disney. It must have worn them out because bedtime tonight wasn't a struggle at all and they have both been asleep for 3 hours! Tansen actually laid down with me and went to sleep so I'm going to have to move him to his bed when I go to bed. But hey, I'll take it!
(Sorry no pics. I don't feel comfortable sharing other's people kids on an open blog. If you want to see pics head to my myspace where they are marked friends only.)

No comments: