January 21, 2009

Fish Tales

Ok so Monday we were trying to figure out what to do. Tansen has been getting restless being stuck in the house, but with winter what can ya do. So even though it was cold we were going to bundle up and head to the park or one of the school playgrounds. With schools being closed it opens up where we can go. So we got in the car and headed towards Prospect Point. Halfway there I remembered that he loves to go look at Petco. So we changed direction and headed there. I knew letting him look at all the animals would keep us there at least an hour. Which it did! Wycie even enjoyed watching the animals that moved. Tansen loves the reptiles and they had tons of them. He especially loved the turtles. My neices have one and my brother just built it a huge indoor center. So he loves going out there and watching it swim around. He kept saying "Like Uncle Rops!" He got really intrigued by the fish and asked daddy if he could have some. So we talked it over and remembered we have a 20 gallon tank from our fish, so why not. O man I don't think I've ever seen Tansen so excited. He got to get 15 goldfish. He felt so proud pushing them in his cart up to pay for them. We got home and he had the worst time waiting while daddy rinsed the tank out and filled it. We got the fish put in and he fed them. I never thought fish could make a kid so happy. He wants to watch them constantly and loves to feed them. We have since had 1 casualty, hence the reason for 15. Tansen spotted it and told daddy he needed to fix it. So now that Tansen is in bed, Josh is going to flush it. Next on the list is a placastimus (however that's spelled) to keep the tank clean,possibly one of the African frogs, and I'm going to hit the dollar store for more pebbles and some little statue to put in it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Also on Monday Josh came home from returning a movie with a "Happy Nothing's Day" present for me. It's a thing my family has done forever. Pretty much just and excuse for doign something nice for someone He brought me a 4 inch potted Azalea! Now last time he got me one of these I killed it. I'm good with pets but not plants. But he knows I hate roses and pretty much any flower because they die fast. I'm hoping I'll keep these watered and alive. They are sitting on my desk next to my monitor in hopes of reminding me. Isn't my hunny great!
Photobucket
Sunday night we played Litte Einstein Dominos with Tansen. He got it for Christmas, but I wasn't sure if he was ready for it or not. He is and he beat us twice. He loves it and it was a wonderful way to turn the TV off in the evening and have family time.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Josh wants me to assure you that he owns plenty of shirts! lol He just gets too warm in the house and prefers to be comfortable. Go figure he's warm and I'm freezing when the house is at 69.
And for good measure here is the new cute picture I took of Wycie!
Photobucket

No comments: