May 23, 2009

Finally updating!

It's been a long time since I updated the blog and so much has gone on. Forgive me, but this is going to get long.

Where do I start. Hmm Well since my last blog post Tansen has had his 3rd birthday party. I can't believe he is already 3! We just had family and Alicia and Kaelie. The kids had fun playing pin-the-tail on the donkey and hitting a pinata. It was dinosaur themed so I filled the pinata with mini dinosaurs and other dino things. He got lots of fun presents and was wore out when everyone left.

Up next Easter, ok well the week before Easter. Many of you know we've had inlaw problems, but few really know what has really gone on. And that in itself creates problems of people thinking they have an opinion on stuff they don't know. Tansen had gotten a birthday card from someone in the church and in it they pretty much said it was all our fault and we needed to fix things. Ugg! That sent Josh through the roof. So after having it out big time with his parents, right down to him telling his dad he would go up and tell the church what has really gone on and his dad threatening to have him arrested, we needed to have a talk. We spend a couple hours talking about things and then Josh took off on a 3 hour walk. He came home with the decision that he was done with his family. Well he's made this decision before but I continue to push him. I have a hard time not trying to fix things. So I let it go for a week, but the week before Easter I dropped new pictures off at the church to Mike(didn't tell Josh), and then spoke with his mom about Easter plans. I told Josh right before we left where we were going and had to talk him into it. He was "decent" while we were there but o man was he mad after. But the fact his parents were trying helped some. So to cut out the middle crap. Things are getting better. His parents are actually trying(instead of saying they are and aren't) and we are seeing them some. Josh still isn't too thrilled, but he'll get over it. We are still having some issues with his mom and boundaries and rules, which is our big issues, but Josh is learning to handle them and explain things so she "gets" it. Cross your fingers things start going better. Granted right now I'm really hurt because they planned a trip and won't be back for Wycie's 1st birthday! They knew when it was. Ugg o well.

Now about Easter. We met up with my family at the Country Club. Dad and Mom, Mindy and Rich(they came into town), Tori and Desi, Grandma Branscum, and Grandma Witherow. We had brunch and then the kids did the Easter Egg Hunt. Wycie found the Golden Egg, but we passed it off to Tansen. He got a huge sucker and a life size penguin. During brunch I was taking pictures and wanted a nice one of my Grandma and mom. Grandma said no, but I insisted. Little did we know it would be the last picture taken of her. :(

That brings me to my next news. My Grandma Witherow passed away April 25th at 93. We had her memorial service the following Saturday. My mom's siblings came in that week and helped her out. I did as much as I could to help her too. All but my cousin Becky were able to make it in Friday. It was nice to see everyone, but it would have been nicer on better circumstances. Things have been rough. My mom used to take Grandma out every Wednesday so we've had to fill that day for her. I know she is hurting and Mother's day was hard. I still am having trouble processing it as real. I keep thinking it's a dream and I'll wake up and walk into Quail Run and there she will be. I wear a locket my grandpa gave my grandma everyday and have been sleeping with my quilt she made me. The tears have come and gone, but it just isn't real. Tansen has asked a couple times to see GGma and I change the subject. I just can't tell him she is gone when I don't want to believe it myself.

Ok off sad things. Balloon Stampede was a couple weeks ago and the boys and I got up 2 mornings bright and early to watch balloons. They loved it! The Hinrichsen's joined us Friday morning and then my parents, the girls, and the Hinrichsen's joined us Saturday. Saturday night we went to Night Glow with my family. Wycie loved it more than Tansen did! I got lots of great pictures.

Mother's Day was ok at first, but then turned great. Josh had clinicals so he didn't get off til 2. I got perfume from the boys, and from Josh I got a jewelry carry all, a pink blankie to replace my dying baby blanket, a yummy candle, a throw blanket(since Tansen steals all mine), and a Eco friendly stuffed froggie. Josh is the best!! We went the Green Park with my mom to celebrate Mother's day and played. I had the boys put their hand prints on fabric and then made her a pillow out of dalmatian fabric. We had lots of fun playing and both boys got wore out. Josh and I watched a movie that night.

Let's see I mentioned Josh had clinicals so I should cover that. He has been in the CNA program at WWCC. Odd Fellows offered to pay for it so he jumped on it. He only has 2 more clinicals left after today and then he can start at Odd Fellows while he waits to take his CNA test. This is just a middle point though because his goal is the Navy. He has been loosing weight since end of February to get into the Navy. Man he has become a skinny mini! He only has 1 inch to go before he can go up to MEPS and sign up. Then it will be a wait and see as to when he ships. Could be a month could be a year. I'm so proud of him for all the weight he has dropped. I've had to rush around and find clothes to fit him! Normally it's because he has gained weight, but this time it's because he had dropped. It should be a new and exciting chapter in our lives!

Finally onto our Wycie man. About a month and a half ago he fell and hit his head and passed out. So we took him to the ER. They checked him out and he was fine. Well that was the start of it all. Every time he bumps his head he passes out! It's like he goes to cry and can't catch his breath. It is scary. We got him into the on call doctor about it and had an EKG done, but that found nothing. He had kinda thought it could be related to something with his heart. So we were at a stand still. So we got into his regular doctor who diagnosed him with Pallid Breath Holding Spells (BHS). What that pretty much means if he hits his head he passes out. His doctor said it is comparable to closing your eyes and pressing on them. It makes your heart rate slow causes you to pass out. So nothing we can fix or prevent. Lovely! With a child learning to walk you know it's impossible to keep him from hitting his head. So the bumpers went back on his crib, because he was hitting his head on the rails and passing out, and we have become overly cautious when he is on the floor. This is just the start of Wycie problems though. He had his cardiologist check up with the cardiologists from Spokane last Tuesday. The doctor listened to his heart and was 99.9% sure the holes had closed and he was good to get a clean bill of health. They just needed the ECHO images to say they were closed. Well to every ones surprise they are still there! 3 holes have not closed. The doctor was shocked. So now they want to see us again in a year, unless something comes up before then. We placed a call into Dr. B to see if somehow the holes and BHS are related. He wasn't sure so he was going to look into it. Well after another night of no sleep, we placed another desperate call to Dr. B. We are seeing him Thursday. We are going to discuss his heart, his passing out, and then his sleep problem. Wycie has only ever slept 1 4-hour stretch since he was born. Normally is 30 minutes to 2 hours, but 2 hours is so rare I hate to even mention it. Plus once he wakes he is screaming and crying and it takes us an hour or two to get him back to sleep. It's the same for naps. It's gotten to the point Josh and I are taking shifts. I take all night and he takes mornings. We can't keep doing this though. And before you suggest CIO, we've tried it! The kid will scream for hours if need be. He never gives up. And we've tried every way to soothe him to sleep. Warm baths, music, white noise, pitch black, massage, bouncing, rocking, the works. Even co-sleeping doesn't help. He rolls all over the bed and can't get comfortable. He then spends all day tired. He'll be up 1-2 hours and then crash for 30 minutes, and then do it again. He gets bags under his eyes horribly. Seriously why him!? On top of it all he is getting another cold, like that's a surprise. lol The longest he has been without getting sick was 1 month. I was recently sick for 2 weeks so I knew it was coming sometime. I'm really hoping our appointment Thursday will give us some kind of answers. At the moment I'd take anything! Thanks to all this my anxiety is threw the roof and I'm now on something to help that. I hate taking meds! So please cross your fingers, pray, or whatever you do that we get some answers or a direction towards some answers Thursday.

Wow this got long. Hmm what am I missing. Well both boys had their first eye exams this month. Wycie's was for his eye they thought was turning in. Turns out it's just some extra skin at his nose. But his eye sight is already going, so I'm betting he'll be in glass by 3 or 4. Tansen's eye sight is perfect, but knowing our family history of glasses he is doomed. They both also have their first Dentist appointment this Friday. Hmm that reminds me I need to call and see if Wycie will be getting a cleaning, if so we have to get antibiotics first.

Ok That is all for now. If you read through all this you deserve a cookie! I'll be back Thursday to update with where we are regarding Wycie.

No comments: