So today we had both boys appointments. Tansen had his 3 year and Wysen had his 9 month. They started at 1:45 and I don't think we got out of there until 2:30/2:45ish. I'll go into detail in the order we did them.
Tansen:
He now weighs 33lbs and is 39inches tall. Camile commented on how tall he is. He is in 75th% for both and Dr. Bolduc says he growing and gaining great. Then we moved onto the sheet we filled out. He only got one no! And that was only because he was distracted. It's the 3 and 4 year old eval. and the doctor said he is doing amazingly well and ready for Preschool. Then we talked potty training and told him how for about a week and a half he was doing it all on his own and then just stopped. So Tansen and him had a talk. He asked Tansen if he knew how to use the potty and Tansen told him "Yep I do! I'm a big boy!". So he asked him why he wasn't using it anymore. Tansen flat out said "Because I just don't want to!". Go figure. lol So then we brought up the poop issue. He has had horrible runny poo for a couple weeks, but 2 days ago we switched him to 2% percent milk and it has slowly gone back to normal. Dr. B said that the extra fat had probably caused some colon problems and to keep him on 2% now. We also addressed the major milk drinking and are now cutting him back to 2 cups of milk a day, period! Finally we brough up the not eating. They always say they will eat when they are hungry, but it's like pulling teeth to get him to eat anything! So Dr. B reweighed him and then compared his growth to past growth. He is gaining great, 5lbs in a year is awesome. So he is attributing it to the Toddler Food Slump. He gave us a paper on ways to hopefully get him to eat. If it doesn't work we are back in in a couple weeks to figure out what is wrong. Otherwise things look above and beyond great for Tansen. He talked Dr. B's ear off. Now I just need to get homeschool preschool supplies and get started! Woohoo!
Wysen:
So our major problem kid. He is now up to 18lbs 8ozs and 27 3/4 inches. Almost the same exact size his brother was at this age. He is developmentally right on track and even ahead in some areas. Dr. B checked his heart and it sounds like the holes have officially closed! YAH!!! We still have to have a follow up with the cardiologist in June though to make sure. It would be so nice to have one less worry with him. So then we moved onto him being sick so often. Dr B said it's common for kids with siblings to have 6-10 colds in the first year, but Wycie is way past the 10 colds and he is only 9 months. So he listened to his lungs and checked everything out. His lungs were clear, but since he has had a lingering night cough he wants us back in 2 weeks if it is still going on. So we started talking immune problems, which has been our fear. Dr B agreed we needed to get things checked out. So he gave us the paperwork to go to St. Mary's and have blood drawn. They were going to just do the little toe prick for the lead testing, but with the amount of blood needed it was better for us to go to the hospital and get an arm draw. We got everyone dressed and went and made Wycie's 1 year appointment and he flirted big time with the receptionist. From there I took Josh and half asleep Tansen home and called my mom to meet me at the hospital. I figured I better have help because this kid is strong and does not like being restrained. She met me and we got all registered and headed back to the Lab. Turns out Eriann that I now was working. I almost feel bad now because I knew she didn't want to have to draw his blood. Mom held him and held one shoulder while I held his other hand and shoulder. Then one nurse held his arm and other hand while Eriann tried to get his blood. Well he is as bad as Josh and I and she couldn't get it. So while he cried and cried they tried to check his other arm and hand, but the other nurse said the first arm had the best vein. So she tried and they finaly got the draw going. Poor baby didn't flinch or jolt just cried and cried. I felt awful. They finally got what they needed and another nurse gave him a little turtle. By the time mom and I got back to our house he was a happy camper again. If all the tests come up good then we will just get a letter, if something comes back funny then we will be back into the office to determine our next course of action. I really hope things come back all clear, but at the same time having something show up would give us a reason as to why he is always sick.
Ok long enough post. I organized my sewing room last night and now that I can see all my fabrics I want to go sew while the boys nap and Josh plays the Wii.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Interesting reading, sounds like the kids are really growing up!
lol yeah. Gotta love our crazy life! They grow too fast.
Post a Comment